HOME 2 GO: Essential Item Kits
Home 2 Go Kits
In the midst of the statewide Stay at Home Order, Community Warehouse introduced a new service to ensure our region’s most vulnerable can safely receive essential household items.
Community Warehouse began providing modified services to Partner Agencies, offering prepackaged HOME 2 GO Essential Item Kits that adhere to health & safety guidelines for preventing the spread of COVID-19. These kits consist of new items: a dresser filled with an air mattress, bedding, towels, cookware, and dishware.
Support families! Your donation supplies the basics a family needs to stay at home during this crisis.
Essential & Versatile
Kits are prepped according to household size and include (at minimum):
- Cookware – pot, pan, kitchen utensils
- Serveware – plate set, silverware, drinking glasses
- Bedding – sheet set
- Bath – towel set(s)
- Air mattress + pump
Kit items can be purchased by donors from Community Warehouse’s AmazonSmile “Essentials of Home” wishlist.
Our responsibility is to deliver essential furniture while complying with public health recommendations that minimize the risk of spreading COVID-19. All Home 2 Go kits are prepared and distributed using CDC guidelines for workplace safety. We will:
- Regularly sanitize Warehouse facilities.
- Sanitize all unpacking and sorting tables.
- Sanitize all donations using CDC-approved disinfectant.
- Seal and label disinfected donations.
- Wear disposable gloves for packing sealed items into dressers.
- Seal packed kits to prevent contamination in transit.
- Follow social distancing guidelines for loading kits into vehicles.
- Remove points of contact between case managers picking up kits and our staff.
- Wash hands thoroughly and regularly onsite and practice social distancing.
For 2 years, a local manufacturing company has engineered and produced these specialized wood dressers for Community Warehouse. They have produced 50 per week and never charged for their production. They do this because they believe that’s what giving back to the community means. They remain anonymous because they want the focus on Community Warehouse and the local housing crisis – not their company.
The dressers were designed to be portable, practical, and safe. They feature easy-open drawer cutouts and side cutouts for easy lifting. Dimensions are 32″ H x 24″ W x 16″D, so they easily fit into most vehicles, elevators, small rooms, and even closets, making way for additional storage. The unfinished wood invites individual self-expression to finish them in any style.
Thank you for all your work and for trying to find a safe way to continue services during this health crisis.