We are rated by Oregon Business Magazine as one of the 100 Best Nonprofit Workplaces in Oregon. Oh yeah!
Join the Community Warehouse team, and help neighbors in need of furniture every day. Current openings are listed below.
Pickup Driver | Full-time
Reports To: Program Manager – Tualatin
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt, 37.5 hours per week (8:30am-4:30pm)
Salary: $19.00/hr; $37,050 annual
About Community Warehouse:
Community Warehouse (CW) is a nonprofit furniture bank that redistributes donated furniture and household goods to neighbors in need. Through two locations (Portland and Tualatin) and referrals from over 200 partner agencies, the Warehouse helps families and individuals turn their empty housing into comfy homes. Clients are able to pick out essential household items that help improve their quality of life at home. We also operate two Estate Stores that sell some donated items to support our mission and engage the community in shopping for a cause.
This is a unique opportunity to work alongside fun, dedicated, caring staff and volunteers for an outstanding nonprofit in the Portland area. Learn more about our mission and services in this 2-minute video! Community Warehouse has been rated one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work for in Oregon by Oregon Business Magazine for the past 6 years running.
The Tualatin Pick Up Driver is responsible for driving a 18-foot box truck and performing furniture donation pick-ups at residences and businesses throughout the metro area. We are looking for someone who thrives in a fluid team environment and enjoys working with people from all walks of life.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service to donors, clients, and caseworkers
- Responsible for driving a company-owned, 18 foot box truck
- Responsible for the safe pickup or delivery of furniture to and from Community Warehouse
- Responsible for accepting payment for pickup services and accurate recording of transactions
- Ensure all truck and road safety guidelines are followed at all times
- Responsible for general maintenance and condition of vehicle and for reporting any changes to truck condition including a weekly checklist for the maintenance of the vehicle
- Be in communication with supervisor and logistics/procurement coordinator about any issues on truck route
- May need to work in the Warehouse while not on the truck – accepting donations, moving furniture, serving clients, and/or performing daily cleaning and organizing duties
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or Program Director
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods
- Being in vehicle for longer periods of time
- Lifting between 50-75 lbs
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Key Preferred Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate has experience with direct service in the social service industry and excellent communication skills. You value working in an inclusive, equity-focused environment. Community Warehouse is open to a variety of qualifications through lived and learned experience.
- Must have a driver’s license and clean motor vehicle record
- Ability to lift heavy furniture items with a team member and/or proper lifting equipment
- Works well on a team
- Required to work in all weather conditions
- Present a positive, client-service, friendly demeanor and maintain a sense of humor
- Effective communication
- Effective time management and scheduling skills
- Commitment to the mission, vision and goals of Community Warehouse
- Delivery experience preferred
Life, health and dental insurance benefits will begin after the probationary period is over; on the first of the month following 30 days of hire date. Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) begin on the date of hire.
- Employer-paid health, dental, and alternative health (massage, chiropractic, & acupuncture) premium benefits
- Employer matches up to 3% in 401k retirement account
- Life insurance
- Employer Assistance Programs: access to financial and legal advice through BPA Health, & access to nurses, dermatologists, mental health therapists through HealthiestYou app.
- Vacations, holidays and flexible paid time off
- One month paid sabbatical at 5-year tenure (in addition to PTO)
- Training and professional development opportunities
- 10% employee discount at the Estate Stores
- A culture of self-care and life balance
COVID-19 Working Conditions:
Community Warehouse has been designated as an essential service and as such, continues to employ staff working onsite at both Warehouses. This position is expected to work onsite to adequately complete job duties, including face to face interactions with volunteers, with some
flexibility to work from home as agreed upon with the supervisor. All staff are required to have up-to-date COVID vaccinations/boosters.
Instructions on Applying:
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and write in the email subject line: Tualatin Pick Up Driver Application. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity!
Community Warehouse maintains a Non-discrimation Policy. As an equal Opportunity employer, we will not discriminate on the basis of race, color ore religion; sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression; disability; marital status; citizenship or nation or origin; or veteran status. We maintain this Policy of Non-Discrimation with respect to recruitment and hiring, promotion and compensation, and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment. We are dedicated to the development of a diverse workplace and, as such, we strongly encourage those who may contribute to this diversity to apply. We believe by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for personal and professional enrichment, we are better able to serve our community.